htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
HTMLArea 3.0-RC1

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

mishoo
User

Mar 1, 2004, 2:44 PM

Post #1 of 138 (58123 views)
Shortcut
HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 Can't Post

"3.0 Release Candidate 1" is out. It contains many new features and improvements over the last (Beta) release. Some of the new goodies are the ContextMenu, FullPage and CSS plugins.

The editor is (or should be) much easier to setup, containing code that loads the CSS and plugin files automagically. Many fixes/improvements in the user interface, also much better SpellChecker.

As usual, feedback is very much appreciated (though I have to apologize in advance if I may not respond all the posts and emails). Other links and online demo here and download here.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

webmonkey
Novice

Mar 1, 2004, 3:58 PM

Post #2 of 138 (57823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mishoo] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

The spell checker does not work. You get a Internal Server Error when you try to use it.

mishoo
User

Mar 1, 2004, 6:28 PM

Post #3 of 138 (57794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [webmonkey] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

I know.. I'm sorry for this, it's a server configuration problem that I wasn't able to workaround. The code works though ;-) Hope to be able to install the server properly soon.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

troostmarco
New User

Mar 2, 2004, 2:54 AM

Post #4 of 138 (57751 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mishoo,

First of all, thanks for all the excellent work you've done so far. I'm very impressed by- & very pleased with the htmlarea.

A little question, i've installed the latest 3 rci version, but i've somehow lost the default style in the htmlarea, which was Verdana in the previous version, but is now a plain times. How can i change it back? The stylesheet doesn't seem to respond?

grtz Marco

bsutton
Novice

Mar 2, 2004, 3:27 AM

Post #5 of 138 (57742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [troostmarco] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a problem in htmlarea.js line 744 if you are including a stylesheet using @import. The @import must be the 1st instruction in the style. Change line 744 & 745 to -

html += "<style>" + editor.config.pageStyle +
" html,body { border: 0px; }</style>\n";

Bill

mishoo
User

Mar 2, 2004, 4:13 AM

Post #6 of 138 (57732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bsutton] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oops, you're right :-D Thanks.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

mishoo
User

Mar 2, 2004, 4:27 AM

Post #7 of 138 (57725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [webmonkey] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

I fixed my Aspell installation. Now it works.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

Morous
New User

Mar 2, 2004, 8:01 AM

Post #8 of 138 (57704 views)
Shortcut

How can I disable resizing of tables and images?

Thanks a lot...

(This post was edited by Morous on Mar 2, 2004, 8:09 AM)

Alf
New User

Mar 2, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #9 of 138 (57641 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your product.
This new release seems to be wonderful.
But I would like to use it with Moz and I have a problem with all popups (table, link, image) : I can't modify fields Frown

There is only a case when I can for image and link popups : the first time I open the popup and I press <Ok> without nothing (I can't !), so the focus allows me to access to fields Crazy

Can you make for me ? Wink

Dumarest
Novice

Mar 2, 2004, 10:08 PM

Post #10 of 138 (57626 views)
Shortcut

Mishoo or anyone else:

I am still struggling to get this new version to work. I would appreciate a little help! Please.

Release 2 showed an example when you are passing a field from a database. Could you please provide such an example for this new release?

Thanks

Dumarest

januszjasinski
New User

Mar 3, 2004, 2:44 AM

Post #11 of 138 (57606 views)
Shortcut

Ok,

First of all - Smile

Secondly, I was messing about with the editors and some bugs were found but not there this morning which is a bit odd, but anyway... I see the files are in the folder: 'examples' however, I want these pages to be available in the root folder i.e. along with: dialog.js, popupdiv.js etc etc What do I need to change in the pages for this to work?

Thirdly: I wish to use the fully-loaded version but don't want the <HTML>, <HEAD> etc tags to be there i.e. only fot the content to be present - is this possible?

Many thanks,

Janusz

mishoo
User

Mar 3, 2004, 10:34 AM

Post #12 of 138 (57555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [januszjasinski] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well.. may I ask why do you want examples in the root "folder"? Shocked

Anyhow, I thought that separation would be good, in the sense that HTMLArea works without the "examples" folder (you can remove it in your HTMLArea installation). But if you insist, yes, it should be trivial: just move the files in the parent folder and edit paths (they are relative so that examples work anywhere, even on 127.0.0.1).

As for the FullPage problem, well, just look into the "fully loaded" example and remove references to the FullPage plugin. It should be trivial (but you _do_ have to look in the file for 1 or 2 minutes Tongue).
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

januszjasinski
New User

Mar 3, 2004, 10:38 AM

Post #13 of 138 (57553 views)
Shortcut

d'oh,

figured out as soon as I posted it. Still got the examples folder, just re-named it.... using it in a CMS and it's proving to be sweet as a nut!

Many thanks,

Janusz

san
New User

Mar 4, 2004, 4:26 AM

Post #14 of 138 (57499 views)
Shortcut

Great work !!

I'm glad to see a fresh release! I'm wondering if some htmlarea 2 functions that have been added on these forums will be implemented in RC2.

The most important two are (imho):
1. Clean the selected text from all markup.
2. Visible Table Borders when border = 0

A patch for the borders is found here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Open_Source_C3/htmlArea_v3.0_-_Beta_Release_F14/Show_table_borders_when_0_P24338/

I couldn't find the post about the missing "remove format" button but I know it's been posted here somewhere.

Anyway keep up the excelent work on this crossplatform version!!!

(This post was edited by san on Mar 4, 2004, 4:31 AM)

tao_zhyn
New User

Mar 6, 2004, 1:17 AM

Post #15 of 138 (57311 views)
Shortcut

Is the Demo on you site based off the RC-1 or from recent CVS.

If it is from RC-1, do you have a demo running with the latest from CVS?

mishoo
User

Mar 6, 2004, 3:02 AM

Post #16 of 138 (57300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tao_zhyn] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

RC1. There will be an RC2 soon and maybe I'll put together a "nightly updated" demo.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

trashcan
New User

Mar 6, 2004, 3:08 AM

Post #17 of 138 (57298 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I'm having some problems with this version. Things were working OK in 3.0 beta, but some bugs were fixed (like the dialog box focus in Moz, and the overlapping text background color in IE) so I wanted to upgrade.

But, in the new version, the borders of the textarea do not appear in IE6. :(.

Here is a demo: http://www.brokenwatch.net/fusemail/htmlarea3rc1/compose.html

Any suggestions? I tried the code in a thread below this one, but I don't think it is the same problem, as this worked fine in 3.0 beta.

(This post was edited by trashcan on Mar 6, 2004, 3:09 AM)

san
New User

Mar 6, 2004, 6:04 AM

Post #18 of 138 (57281 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
RC1. There will be an RC2 soon and maybe I'll put together a "nightly updated" demo.

And will this RC2 contain some htmlArea 2 functions that have been added on these forums will be implemented in RC2.

I named them a few posts up. But here again for the peeps who are to lazy to scoll ;)
1. Clean the selected text from all markup.
2. Visible Table Borders when border = 0

I hope you'll include them cause these functions are quite important imho.

klex
Novice

Mar 8, 2004, 7:29 AM

Post #19 of 138 (57064 views)
Shortcut

Hy everybody!

I have a problem with the configuration of htmlarea. I want to allow css-usage but disable most of the functions like tableoperations,....

How can I include the css-dropdown in my toolbar.

best wishes an thank you for everything

klex

====================================

HTMLArea.loadPlugin("CSS");

function initDocument() {

var editor = new HTMLArea("editor");

editor.config.pageStyle = "@import url(custom.css);";

editor.registerPlugin(CSS, {

combos : [

{ label: "Syntax",

// menu text // CSS class

options: { "None" : "",

"Code" : "code",

"String" : "string",

"Comment" : "comment",

"Variable name" : "variable-name",

"Type" : "type",

"Reference" : "reference",

"Preprocessor" : "preprocessor",

"Keyword" : "keyword",

"Function name" : "function-name",

"Html tag" : "html-tag",

"Html italic" : "html-helper-italic",

"Warning" : "warning",

"Html bold" : "html-helper-bold"

},

context: "pre"

},

{ label: "Info",

options: { "None" : "",

"Quote" : "quote",

"Highlight" : "highlight",

"Deprecated" : "deprecated"

}

}

]

});

editor.config.statusBar=false;

editor.config.toolbar = [ [ "css", "space", "separator",

"justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright", "justifyfull", "separator",

"insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent", "indent", "separator",

"createlink" ] ];

editor.generate();

}

mishoo
User

Mar 8, 2004, 8:24 AM

Post #20 of 138 (57053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klex] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

The CSS dropdown ID-s are named like this: "CSS-classN" where N is numeric, starting at zero and ending at # of dropdown-s that you defined - 1. So you should define the toolbar like this:

editor.config.toolbar = [ [ "CSS-class0", "space", "separator", ...

Otherwise, your code should work fine.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

klex
Novice

Mar 8, 2004, 10:39 AM

Post #21 of 138 (57034 views)
Shortcut

thank you very much.
now the dropdown is shown correctly in IE 5.5 and mozilla 1.5.
but mozilla doesn't show the change of styles in htmlarea. I think the html-tags are correct but mozilla shows no change in the textarea.

the next problem in mozilla is to create a link. after clicking the createlink button the link window appears but it isn't possible to click in one of the inputfields. the focus is missing.
if I press the ok button the alert window with "enter a link...." pops up and afterwards the focus is correct. now it's possible to insert a link.

maybe you have a solution for this problem too.

thanks in advance

klex

mishoo
User

Mar 8, 2004, 11:00 AM

Post #22 of 138 (57031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klex] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. you need to load a CSS style inside the editor. See the examples/css.html file and please notice the it uses editor.config.pageStyle to import a stylesheet which defines how every class looks like.

2. Dialogs: many reported this problem. Sorry to disappoint anyone but for me it works right Sly I can't understand these browsers.

Anyway, someone suggested a fix which solves this problem and I included it into the CVS. Unfortunately, no way to test because for me it worked correctly already Wink If you can download the CVS code then please do so and let me know if it works.
--
Mihai Bazon,
dynarch.com
Applied Web Standards

chalexan
Novice

Mar 8, 2004, 1:10 PM

Post #23 of 138 (57007 views)
Shortcut

I tried to insert a url that had more than 32 characters and my htmlarea3.0-RC1 would not accept it. I played around with it and it would only take up to a max of 32 characters. When I tried anything over 32 characters it just reset the entire url to plain text. Is this a known issue, or could I be doing something wrong?

chalexan
Novice

Mar 9, 2004, 12:00 AM

Post #24 of 138 (56956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chalexan] HTMLArea 3.0-RC1 [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm running into a error trying to load two htmlarea's on the same page. Both loads great, but I'm getting an error in the second htmlArea everytime I make an event happen. If I try to type in something it will only take one character or click on a button it gives me an error in the htmlarea.js at this line:

this._statusBarTree.innerHTML = HTMLArea.I18N.msg["Path"] + ": "; // clear

Both htmlarea's are in the same form. The first htmlarea has Path: body at the bottom of the editor, but the second htmlarea only has the Path: --no body. I'm running it on Linux 9.0 and viewing it with IE 6.0.

Netscape 7.1 Does not give me any problems. Both htmlarea's work without errors.

(This post was edited by chalexan on Mar 9, 2004, 12:32 AM)

arjan
New User

Mar 9, 2004, 7:25 AM

Post #25 of 138 (56885 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mishoo,
I really like HTMLArea, and use it since 3.0-alpha. The latest RC1 version is very good! I just still miss some things...
Like San said, it would be great to be able to strip all tags from a selected piece of text. But IMHO it is even more handy if it would be possible to strip a complete tag from the text without removing the complete text within the tag. Maybe this function is already implemented, and I overlooked it, in that case my apologies.
Second, I'd really like to see the Image Popup extended with an upload possibility. Until now I used htmlarea_wei_*, but that one still isn't updated for RC1, so I can't upgrade yet. Frown
Will the Image Upload ever be in the main HTMLArea code? Or be supplied as a plugin? To be honest I can't live without it anymore.Cool

Greetings, and keep up the good work you're doing!!!
Arjan Schrijver

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)