htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
How can I use the insert table button and have it XHTML validate?

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Randyd
Novice

Dec 22, 2004, 2:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2537 views)
Shortcut
How can I use the insert table button and have it XHTML validate? Can't Post

Does any one know a good work around or code change so that when I use the insert table button and fill in the fields of the insert table pop up, it will insert a XHTML valid table. It's not validating as is. I keep getting that it's finding an end tag for element "p" but it's not currently open. That's if I don't add any other parameters other than the default ones in the pop up window.

Also I'm getting:

document type does not allow element "table" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

What file should I look for and where can I hack this so I can add some extra tags?

I am using the HTMLArea-3.0-rc1 with IE6.0 win 98 SE and Wordpress 1.2.1

Thanks for your help

(This post was edited by Randyd on Dec 22, 2004, 2:54 PM)

Randyd
Novice

Dec 23, 2004, 9:50 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Randyd] How can I use the insert table button and have it XHTML validate? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok,

What ever table you put in, it's put in between <p> and </p> tags.

You have to switch back to textarea and manually take out the <p> tags.

Then it will validate.

But my users don't know how to do that.

It sure would be nice to have that done automatically.

Any ideas how to take out the <p> tags when you're in the wysiwyg mode when adding a table?

Thanks for any help.

Randy

Search for (options)