htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Javascript errors

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

aceinc
New User

Sep 10, 2003, 10:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4351 views)
Shortcut
Javascript errors Can't Post

I downloaded HTMLArea v3.0 beta at home, and ran the examples, it works fine. My home configuration is W2K Pro latest patches IE6.0 latest patches. I downloaded the product at my office with the exact same computer configuration and when I run the example.html I get;

Line: 507 Error: Unexpected Quantifier

Line: 15 Error: 'HTMLArea' is undefined

Line: 28 Error: 'HTMLArea' is undefined

I am quite confused, and nervous about implementing HTMLArea. I looked at the code, line 507 looks like;

if (/^([IT])\[(.*?)\]/.test(code)) {

which IE seems to be interpreting the ? as a single character wildcard which it thinks is illegal after another wildcard. If I remove the ? it finds another identical error in the code later. If I remove that it chokes on a line later that has var a = [];

Any thoughts?

Paul

Derek
Novice

Sep 19, 2003, 11:52 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aceinc] Javascript errors [In reply to] Can't Post

I am having a similar problem with version 2.03, so the problem is not specific to the beta release. The problem shows up even on the sample at url:

http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/

I am using W2K Pro with IE 6. Everything worked fine until the people who run our LAN installed W2K Pro Service Pack 4 yesterday.

I have started a thread on this in the other forum:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=17594

- Derek

Search for (options)