htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Error on Toggle HTML source

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

Deepe
Novice

Nov 17, 2004, 6:33 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Error on Toggle HTML source Can't Post

Hi , I'm new on the list. I have a little touble with htmlArea in Firefox.

All the examples supplied in the package seems to be working propertly but, included in my own form, with lots of others input types, the HTMLArea crashes:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Error: el.tagName has no properties
Code Source: https://XX.XX.XX.XX/js/htmlarea/htmlarea.js
Line: 1937

------------------------------------------------------------
This occurs when I click on the "Toggle HTML source" button.
From here everything seems to crash, buttons seems all pressed, pointer disapears, and I can't not continuing the edition.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have uploaded the full code for the page changing names
Attachments: jobm-ticket.html.bak (15.4 KB)

mkultra
New User

Dec 23, 2004, 11:30 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3037 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deepe] Error on Toggle HTML source [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm having problems with this as well as far as a JS error in Firefox "el.tagName has no properties" when toggling the html source.
I found a "cleaner" way of doing it on the forum with the following code in the htmlarea.js file but now I'm getting a "el.style has no properties" error. Nothing is crashing, just would like to clean up the js errors.

Here's what I have:

Code
HTMLArea.isBlockElement = function(el) { 
var blockTags = " body form textarea fieldset ul ol dl li div " + "p h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h6 quote pre table thead " +
"tbody tfoot tr td iframe address";
return new RegExp("\\b"+el+"\\b","ig").test(blockTags);
};

Search for (options)