htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
Server hangs when images don't load!

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

ricardosalta
New User

Dec 31, 2004, 5:32 PM

Post #1 of 5 (34524 views)
Shortcut
Server hangs when images don't load! Can't Post

Hi there, happy 2005!

I'd like to know what is this problem that when I open something with an HTMLAREA, it sometimes doesn't load the button images and hangs. And then, for some moments (minutes, it comes back by itself) I just can't connect to the server. It seems to
1) hang my server - i can only ping it but can't SSH or FTP or HTTP to any of the domains
2) have something to do with the browser. or not, because if it happens with FIREFOX and I then try opening the site with IE, it still doesn't open for those few minutes

Then as I said it comes back by itself. But it only hangs (whichever the reason) when opening an htmlarea...

Any hints people? I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Steve King
New User

Jan 5, 2005, 5:15 AM

Post #2 of 5 (34477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricardosalta] Server hangs when images don't load! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi list

We have the same problem, except if I wait, I eventually get the standard "cannot be displayed" message. If I refresh the page, I get errors from the web page that is using htmlarea (but errors that are not in any way seeming to be htmlarea-related). I have to close the IE window and go back into my web application. (But I do not need to close all IE windows.)

My browser is IE. The web server is Apache2 on Linux.

What diagnostic info can I provide to you?

Steve

Dundee, UK

rudolph
New User

Feb 16, 2005, 1:34 PM

Post #3 of 5 (34367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricardosalta] Server hangs when images don't load! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
I'm waiting for a solution of this problem too: the server hangs when firefox tries to load the little button images.
Can anyone help?

rudi

ricardosalta
New User

Feb 17, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #4 of 5 (34339 views)
Shortcut
Re: Server hangs when images don't load! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I have overcome this issue already but the task solution was shared with other guy. I'm not sure and he doesn't remember well, but we are pretty sure it had something to do with mod_rewrite in .htaccess.

Not sure though. Consider this hint useless unless you've been using the .htacess..

Good luck!

rudolph
New User

Feb 17, 2005, 7:37 AM

Post #5 of 5 (34330 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
there's no 'mod_rewrite' in my .htaccess. The problem still exists, when I delete .htaccess.

Thank you
Rudi

Search for (options)