A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors


Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
htmlArea 3.0 inside table tags

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.



Jan 15, 2005, 3:32 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2395 views)
htmlArea 3.0 inside table tags Can't Post

If I put the htmlArea 3.0 inside table tags with two cells in the row I get 3 vertical lines part way down when displayed in IE6, but they don't show in Mozilla. If I remove the adjacent cell and move it's contents to the next row then all is fine.

Any ideas please?


Jan 16, 2005, 8:49 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2383 views)
Re: [NickW] htmlArea 3.0 inside table tags [In reply to] Can't Post

Please post a URL to an example.


James Sleeman
PHP Programmer


Jan 17, 2005, 3:43 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2364 views)
Re: [sleemanj] htmlArea 3.0 inside table tags [In reply to] Can't Post

I've played around a bit more and here is a simplified example:

It seems that the 3 vertical lines are the separator bars in the menu which get displaced if the number of lines in an adjacent cell exceed 12, and increasing the number of textarea rows doesn't seem to make any difference. You can see from the example (viewed in IE6) that the bars have just started to move down, further lines of text in the adjacent cell bring the bars into the text area. I've just tried removing the separator bars from the menu to solve it, but if I do this in a custom config file I then get a js error 'HTMLAreaList[..]' is null or not an object.

PS: Not sure why I was getting the HTMLAreaList error, but I've now replaced the "separators" with "spaces" and that sems to have removed the problem.

(This post was edited by NickW on Jan 17, 2005, 7:05 AM)


Search for (options)