htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
"link not found" errors and lag time

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

mlaaf
New User

Jul 22, 2003, 5:47 PM

Post #1 of 1 (3205 views)
Shortcut
"link not found" errors and lag time Can't Post

I am extremely happy with htmlArea and use it for adding entries to my blog (http://www.mylifeasafischer.com)
It works almost like a charm in Moz 1.4 under Linux.

Two issues that I have come across and am wondering if anybody else has seen the same and come up with a solution or tweak to resolve the issue(s):
1. In Moz 1.4 (linux only), there seems to be some serious lag time in the textarea field, i.e., I have to wait several seconds (or MUCH longer, sometimes) for the text I type to appear in the textarea field.
2. With Mozilla FireBird (Windoze and linux), the textarea never comes in to 'focus' and the page forever sticks at "Transferring data from [mydomain.com]" even though everything is loaded. When I click on the textarea and try to type text, I get "link not found: [x]" errors. When I do type a letter that is on the page itself, it gets highlighted (a "find on page" search for the letter I'm typing is being done, my guess).

Search for (options)