htmlArea

A directory of browser-based WYSIWYG editors

MAIN
INDEX
SEARCH
LOG
IN

Home: htmlArea 3 (beta): htmlArea 2 & 3 archive (read only): htmlArea v3.0 - Discussion:
looking for help: popups can't return values except when using enlarged editor

The htmlArea 2 & 3 editors have been discontinued.

We've made these forums available as a read-only reference and knowledge-base for people using or developing editors based on htmlArea 2 or 3.

Anyone who is interested in taking over version 2 or 3 is free to do so. All we ask is that you choose a new name that doesn't have "htmlarea" in it to avoid confusion with this site. We'll even give you a link in the directory to make it easier for people to find you. If you are developing or hosting an htmlArea based-editor under a new name, please submit it to our directory.

AdamH
Novice

Mar 14, 2004, 4:23 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3884 views)
Shortcut
looking for help: popups can't return values except when using enlarged editor Can't Post

I have previously intergrated HTMLArea in to a CMS. After updating it to work with the latest version of HTMLArea from the CVS I have started having some strange problems with popups being unable to pass values back.

If I click on any toolbar button that triggers a popup e.g. insert image or insert link the popup appears and any function s that take place within the popup window work correctly, (preview in insert image). When I click OK I get the following error message

"Error: opener.Dialog._return is not a function
Source File: http://xxx.xxx.x.xx/htmlarea/popups/popup.js
Line: 98"

However if I use the "enlarge editor" button popups work from the enlarged editor and updates are passed from the enlarged editor back to the original editor correctly.

I'd really appreciate any help with this one, I'm still fairly new to javascript and this one has me stumped.

EDIT -
I'm using mozilla to do all my testing and I had previously dismissed the following error message but I now think it is the key to the problems I'm having.

When I open a popup from the toolbar I get this message in the javascript console

"Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property Window.addEventListener' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"

If I open the enlarged editor and open a popup from there I do not get this error message.

I previously had a problem like this when popups were being called from a different server but everything should is running off the same server now so I can't understand why I get this message.

(This post was edited by AdamH on Mar 14, 2004, 7:04 PM)

wuSam
New User

Mar 25, 2004, 9:44 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamH] looking for help: popups can't return values except when using enlarged editor [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

i have the same problem:

Error: opener.Dialog._return is not a function
Source File: http://localhost:8280/xxxxxxxx/htmlarea/popups/popup.js
Line: 98

do you have the solution by now?

sam

Search for (options)